Villadoro originally was part of a large territory which included the C / de Mancipa, Passarello, Artesina, Casuto and Junco Valley, all members of the Barony of Regiovanni that Antonio Ventimiglia had given to his son Giovanni (he invested of the Barony in 1529). The son of Giovanni, Federico, he received the donation for the Feudo dell`Artesina and marked the Casuto and Junco Valley, becoming Lord feudal lord and then 1st Baron (investiture of 1547); Federico, when his father died, he inherited also the remaining members of the Barony of Regiovanni.
Federico died, in 1561 invested of the Barony of Regiovanni Giovanna daughter (who had married Charles Ventimiglia); spouses, in 1572, acquiring the Barony of Naso heirs Grimaldi (Joachim, Giovan Calogero, Mariuccia and Nicholas), they gave their semi-barter the following feuds members of the Barony of Regiovanni:
- the feuds of the Middle Mountain and Cannito Joachim Grimaldi;
- the fiefs of Mancipa Passarello and John Calogero Grimaldi;
- the feud Valley Mariuccia Grimaldi;
- the feud Artisina to Nicolò Grimaldi.
Giovan Calogero Grimaldi became so novel Baron Mancipa and Passarello; his death in 1589, his son Joseph was invested and, in 1600 followed the ownership Felicia Valdina, and Bosco; the latter, by will, bound his Feudi di Mancipa and Passarello to "Carmelite Convent" (under the title of St. Isidore Novitiate) who then sold them to Peter Gussio from Nicosia, but not taken investiture.
Martino Gussio, the death of his father Peter, succeeded him in possession of the land and took baronial investiture in 1649; he married Eleonora Gravina, and Alliatas.
Martino died without an heir, he was succeeded in the feuds before his brother Lorenzo (investiture 1654) and then the other brother Joseph (investiture of 1655, as stated in the 45 Archive sheet of the Royal Chancery).
He followed in ownership Giovanna Maria Gussio and Pinedo, legitimate eldest daughter of Joseph and natural (investiture of 1657); she died in Spain, leaving heir of his property the husband Giuseppe Gravina, who took investiture in 1666.
In 1678 the Barony of Mancipa and Passarello passed to Giovanni Battista D`Onofrio and Grimaldi (Giuseppe Gravina contractor creditor) who, in 1698, also acquired the feud dell`Artesina (he sold Sister Anna Alliatas).
At the end of the seventeenth century, the aforesaid John the Baptist donated part of his estate (30 hectares) to the farmers who started to build a village with church, then called Villadoro (internal colonization "late" compared to that developed in Sicily between il1590 and 1650).
The Provencal fact, in his unpublished ms of 1695, Nicosia city of Sicily, old, new, sacred and noble, reports that the Matrix of St. Nicholas holds ... also subject the Church of the New Valley Land d`Oro call, territory. In 1712 is the holder of the Barony of Mancipa, Passarello and Artisina, Margaret D`Onofrio, heir of John the Baptist.
This is followed by a series of judicial vicissitudes and successors quarrels, which lasted decades, among the Families Grimaldi, Gussio, Gravina, and Alliatas d`Onofrio, until the lands of the feuds of Mancipa, Passarello and Artisinapervennero in possession of a single "dominus "that is Gesualdo d`Onofrio, and the Grimaldi (investiture of April 21, 1782).
When he died without heirs and lawful successors, these fiefdoms were donated to the Royal Court. The sovereign them riconcesse to Antonio d`Onofrio, and the Grimaldi, uncle of Gesualdo, and its legitimate unborn heirs, with the express duty of declaration and prejudice remain unharmed claims and the reasons and actions belonging to the Royal Treasury.
The privilege of "riconcessione" the Barony of Mancipa, Passarello and Artisina given to Antonio d`Onofrio and Grimaldi in 1798, was esecutoriato February 27, 1799; He, for the grant in Barony, then he got the investiture on October 8, 1804, and was also the last feudal lord invested before the abolition of feudalism.
Later the village passed to Giuseppe Galletti, Marquis of St. Marina, for her marriage to Margaret d`Onofrio, which also brought him the dell`Altesina and dell`Altesinella territory.
Until 1812, he had Villadoro Jurors its approved by the Marquis, as a feudal autonomous municipality. With l`abolizione of feudal rights, Villadoro was aggregated in Nicosia, which has remained to the present day village.